Multichoice and Mshwari Introduce GOtv Set Top Box Financing Option
Multichoice has in collaboration with Mswari introduced soft loan for those who wish to acquire GoTV set boxes. The new plan which will also incorporate Commercial Bank of Africa is expected to ease the acquisition of these boxes for many Kenyans who are still struggling to switch to digital TV.
The new plan is to have MPesa/Mshwari mobile money service subscribers access soft loans through Mshwari to purchase the set top box and stretch the repayment upto a maximum of 3 months. GOtv rival Startimes had also come up with a similar plan with Equity bank sometime last year where interested customers would go through the usual credit vetting to get a loan for set top box acquisition but didn’t seem pick up fast.
GOtv Mshwari Loan, requirements and steps
- • Mshwari users who already have a loan limit of Kshs 1000 qualify for this loan.
- • You will have to dial *243*6# to check whether you qualify.
- • You get a notification instantly on whether you have qualified or not.
- • If you have qualified you then go to a Multichoice selling point or agent with ID or passport
- • You will need to pay a minimum deposit of Kshs 1000 via paybill
- • You then complete a debt acknowledgement form
- • A payment notification is sent to your phone so that you can collect your Gotv decoder. What then happens is that the loan goes through to Multichoice and you have to pay the remaining Kshs 2400 plus a Kshs 300 loan interest to your Mshwari account.
- • This GOtv loan is treated as a separate loan and you qualify irrespective of whether you have an existing Mshwari loan.
- • You get disconnected and a Kshs 200 penalty will be charged should you fail to pay your installment in time.