How To Recover/Reset Amazon RDS Master User Password
This short tutorial will help you to recover or reset Amazon RDS master user password via Amazon Web Services Console interface.
1. Login to your Amazon Web Services Console.
2. Head over to RDS services.
3. Select the RDS instance >> Click on Instance Actions >> Click Modify.
4. Type in your new master password in New Master Password input box.
5. Check the box Apply Immediately at end of form and Click Continue.
6. Next window will show the changes is being made on RDS instance.
7. Carefully verify your changes and click Modify DB Instance.
After completing above steps, your RDS will go in maintenance mode and do the necessary changes. It will take few time to complete the task. After completing changes when RDS instance status show to available, you can connect RDS instance using new password.