Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Smartphone
These days, mostly everyone owns a smartphone. Smartphones have become the norm in the past few years and have taken over at wireless carriers, whether they run on Android, iPhone, Windows, BlackBerry or another platform. However, not all consumers who opt for a smartphone use it to its full potential. These devices are essentially miniature computers, it is a good idea to get the most out of it. Here are a few ideas on how you can accomplish that.
• All of today’s smartphones have cameras that are of relatively good to excellent quality. Using your phone as a camera can really enable you to get a lot out of it. Whether you are interested in snapping shots of your family and friends or if you attend many rock concerts or enjoy photography of beautiful scenery, this is a great way to use your smartphone to its full potential. Many smartphone cameras even contain features that allow you to modify your photos to your liking.
- Increase Battery Life
• Smartphones run on Lithium-ion batteries that have a specific lifespan. Most of them require daily charging due to all the work your phone has to perform every single day. With that being said, it is wise to allow your smartphone’s battery drain all the way down to zero percent the first time you use it. Once this happens, plug the phone into the charger to bring it back to life. Doing this will allow the battery to properly calibrate so that it will last longer in the future instead of draining more quickly.
- Built-in Features
• Your smartphone has certain very basic features that are identical to items that everyone has in their home. These include calendars, calculators, alarms and notes. Make sure to use these necessary everyday tools regularly. They are included in your device, which means you do not have to spend extra money on them at your smartphone platform’s marketplace app store.
• Apps are essential if you own a smartphone and they can certainly help you to get the most out of your device. There are apps in virtually every category you can think of as well, such as entertainment, productivity, music, games, lifestyle and more. Many of these are free and can keep you busy for hours on end.
- Web Usage
• Because smartphones are miniature computers, they are also equipped with email and web features. You will probably have a data plan attached to your wireless plan, so make full use of your device while on the go by using your data to surf the Internet, stream content and use certain apps that require it.
- Home Automation
• Certain apps can allow you to control various functions in your home, such as home security or your thermostat. This means that you can check the status of or activate your home security system from your smartphone while out or set the temperature on your thermostat on your way home from work during the winter so that it’s warmer when you arrive. Vivint can help you get those apps applied.
Annette Hazard- She is a mother of one, she likes cycling, running, and green living.