Setting up Outlook in Windows 8
Microsoft Outlook 2013, which is also known as Outlook 15 is available as part of the Microsoft Office 2013 suite but it is also as a standalone downloadable program from the Microsoft website. When it comes to the look and feel, Microsoft decided to retained the old style. So users need not worry about anything at all, at least about dealing with issues when setting up Outlook 2013 for sending or receiving emails. this doesn't mean that the Outlook 2013 is the exact same outlook. With the SkyDrive integration, Metro style user interface, live tiles, enhanced automation, and more new features, the Outlook 2013 is here to offer customers a completely new experience.
To experience this change, you will need to set up Outlook 2013. I have listed some steps here to help you set up Outlook 2013 without problems. follow the steps below:
· Click Outlook 2013 live tile on the Metro-style user interface. Make sure that the Microsoft Office 2013 suite is installed on your Windows 8 computer.
· If you are on the Desktop and want to switch to the Metro-style user interface, bring up the Charms bar by pressing the Windows + C key combination. Tap the Start button on the Charms bar and your Metro UI will open up. Click the Outlook 2013 tile afterwards.
· Once clicked, you will see Welcome to Outlook 2013 (the top of the screen will display Welcome to Microsoft Outlook 15) window. Click Next on the window to proceed. On the Add an Email Account screen, tap the Yes button and then Next to start setting up an email account in Microsoft Outlook.
· On the Auto Account Setup screen, make sure that the E-mail Account button is selected. Enter your name in the Your Name field. Likewise fill in all the details in the required fields. If you want to manually set up your email account, click the radio button beside Manual setup or additional server types and then click Next. Follow rest of the on-screen instructions, enter all the required details including server information etc. and finish the setup procedure.
· If you want Outlook to automatically search and inject all the email settings, simply click the Next button without selecting the Manual setup or additional server types button. Outlook 2013 will automatically fill in all the settings and load up your Inbox when done. You can now begin to send or receive emails and enjoy a new experience.